Sunday

Three Cheers to Karl Lagerfeld

[I just found this in last week's People Magazine - no idea how I missed this the first time through]

Chanel Nixes Too-Thin Models
Karl Lagerfeld is quoted as saying: "I have nothing against skinny girls. But these were terrible. They looked as if they had grown up in a Third World country with no food to eat. I sent them back to the agency. I didn't think they should be modeling." People Magazine, Oct 29, 2007

Clone him, Chanel. Hopefully the fashion industry as a whole will start to recognize that no super-ultra-thin model comes close to representing the New Normal (us!).

Don't forget to sign up for the new PSW Newsletter, cheerfully delivered to your e-doorstep on Monday morning (in time to get some good lunch-hour shopping done, if you're on the West Coast). Sign up here.

No comments: